Seedstars and Shell foundation have partnered to look for sustainable, scalable and innovative working towards access to energy, sustainable agriculture and mobility.
The program’s aim is to support,catalyse and train tech startups in addressing challenges related to access to energy(household energy, energy for business, energy nexus) sustainable agriculture (value chain innovations improving access to finance, technology, market or knowledge) or sustainable mobility (safe rural and last mile mobility for people and goods) in Africa.
All applications must comply with the following criteria
- The startup must have an existing solution with less than 4 years of existence (average 2 y.o.)
- Must act within the following sectors: Mobility, Transportation, Energy, & Agriculture*
- Must be an early-stage startup (seed stage with a MVP – minimum viable product)
- Must have operations based in Africa
- Must show initial traction and/or be generating revenue
- Have raised less than $1M USD in investment to date
Selected Startups will receive
- Access to a 3-month investment-readiness program that includes:
- Investment-readiness training.
- Group mentoring based on sector.
- 1on1 mentoring with a dedicated expert that has been selected based on individual startup needs.
- Identification by the Shell Foundation for potential funding opportunities.
- Leverage of the human resources and knowledge available within the pro-bono network of the Shell Foundation.
You can Register Your Interest for the Energy and Mobility Innovation Program here.